Common Single Entry Transit Visa is issued to Indian citizens, citizens of other countries and stateless persons for the purpose of transit travel through the territory of the Russian Federation. It can be issued for a period of up to 10 days (in case of travel by railway or car) or 3 days (in case of travel by air), on the basis of confirmed tickets and a valid visa/ passport of the final destination country or of the neighbouring country en route.
Foreign citizens who are traveling through the territory of the Russian Federation by car or goods vehicles are issued a transit visa for a period of time enough for the transit by the shortest route possible (but no more than 10 days). The visa validity period is calculated on the basis of the average estimated mileage of 500km per day.
The validity period of double entry transit visa cannot be more than one month. In cases when the foreign citizen needs to travel through the territory of the Russian Federation to the country of destination, and then again return through the territory of Russia, and the time between the trips exceeds one month, a single entry transit visa should be issued, and the second visa should be applied for in the Russian diplomatic mission in the country of destination.
TRANSIT VISA IS NOT REQUIRED:
- In case of a continuous flight over the territory of the Russian Federation
- In case of change of flights, provided that the passenger remains within the airport transit zone and stopover time does not exceed 24 hours.
ATTENTION: You must obtain a transit visa if you intend to leave the airport transit zone!
Please note:With the Eurasian Economic Union treaty coming into force, all flights between member countries are regarded as domestic flights and immigration and passport control procedures shall be done only in one of the countries. In this connection all passengers who travel to the member countries with the change of flights in Russia, must hold a valid transit visa.
Documents to be submitted while applying for transit visa:
- Confirmed tickets for entry into and exit from the Russian Federation (original + copy).
- Visa of the neighbouring country en route, or visa of the country of final destination, or a passport of the country applicant is traveling to, or a substantiated request and documental evidence of the necessity of a stopover, unless otherwise stipulated by international agreements. Citizens exempted from visa regime with the neighbouring/ final destination country under existing international agreements are not required to provide such evidence.
- International passport (+ copy of the page with photo), containing at least 2 blank pages for visas, and valid for a period of 6 months from the date of expiry of the visa.
- Application form completed on the website visa.kdmid.ru, printed out and personally signed by the applicant. (When selecting the location for submission of the documents please specify the visa center you will be applying at.)
- A colour photograph 3.5 x 4.5 cm with light-coloured background, clear image of the applicant directly facing the camera, without dark/ tinted glasses or any headgear (with the exception of persons who wear such headgear due to their ethnic/ religious background, and are seen wearing the same in their passport photo).
Please note:The Consular Office reserves the right to request additional documents for processing the visa, invite the applicant for an interview or extend visa processing time.
Citizens of certain foreign countries (not citizens of India) may apply for Russian visa only if they have a residence permit or a long-term Indian which entitles them to stay in India for more than 3 months.
If you are not an Indian citizen, it is necessary to submit additionally:
- Permission for continuous stay in India for more than 90 days for citizens of the following countries: Albania, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, Hungary, Venezuela, Haiti, Egypt, Greece, Ireland, Iceland, Spain, Lesotho, Libya, Lithuania, Luxembourg , Macedonia, Mali, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, United Arab Emirates, Oman (not required in exceptional cases), Republic of Korea, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Sierra Leone, Finland, Germany, Croatia, Switzerland, Equatorial Guinea, Republic of South Africa, Japan. Citizens of the following countries can be granted a visa without submitting the permission for continuous stay in India for more than 90 days, only in humanitarian cases: Albania, Belgium, Bulgaria, Hungary, Greece, Spain, Macedonia, Slovenia, Norway, Germany, Croatia, Switzerland, Equatorial Guinea, and Estonia.
Depending on the national legislation the documentary evidence of continuous stay in India for more than 90 days may be a student visa, work visa, work permit, temporary residence permit, temporary residence registration, etc.
Permanent residence permit in India or other similar document for the citizens of the following countries: Algeria, Angola, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Georgia, Iraq, Iran, China, North Korea, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Syria, Somalia, Turkey , Chad, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia.
(inclusive of GST)
Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata Visa Centres:
|4-20 working days||1300 INR||1180 INR|
|3 working days||2600 INR||1180 INR||520 INR|
|4-20 working days||2080 INR||1180 INR|
|3 working days||4160 INR||1180 INR||520 INR|
(inclusive of GST)
|4-20 working days||4550 INR||1180 INR|
|3 working days||9100 INR||1180 INR|
|4-20 working days||7280 INR||1180 INR|
|3 working days||14560 INR||1180 INR|
Please note: If you are not a citizen of the Republic of India or a stateless person, you are required to confirm the tariff for issuing visa with operators of the Russian visa center .
** Visa applications by citizens of countries, which have international agreements with the Russian Federation stipulating visa processing fees / exemption from visa fees, shall be subject to the provisions of the respective agreement.
Cost and terms of the issuance of visas to the citizens of other countries and stateless persons are calculated according to the "Tariff of Consular Fees, levied by the consular offices of the Russian Federation."
Consular and service fees are collected directly at the visa center office during documents submission and are payable in cash.
To fill in the questionnaire, please follow this link visa.kdmid.ru
Filling out application form
Russian Visa Center offers facility of filling out your application form. Extra fee of Rs 770 is levied for it in addition to the service charge. You can avail the service while submitting your documents for visa processing.